When Dionne announced The Commodores were her co-hosts for the night and they played Heroes, I was moved by the ballad and the vocals of Lionel Richie. These men were so talented. I look at "boy bands" of today, and most don't play instruments. They are popular because of their image. I'm not saying they lack talent, but I don't think any of them compare to the music being put out in the 70's and 80's.
When Lionel left The Commodores and embarked on a solo career, I continued to follow him. I bought his Can't Slow Down album on cassette and listened to it on my Walkman (dating myself much?).
Years later, watching him play a mix of both his music and the music of The Commodores, I couldn't believe how many hits he had. His ballad with Diane Ross, Endless Love; Brickhouse/Fire medley (Fire is the theme song for Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen show); and of course, Hello and We Are the World.
The crowd went crazy when he sang old hits like Three Times a Lady, Lady (You Bring Me Up) and Sail On.
~MT



I have always wanted to see Bob Seger in concert!!!
ReplyDelete